Monday, January 22, 2007

StrengthFinders

T has been bugging me for months to take this test for him. It hasn't been at the top of my priority list, but I finally took it for him today. It's a Gallup thing... Anyway, here are my top 5 strengths. I agree with the first four, the last one is questionable.

MY SIGNATURE THEMES:

Responsibility: People strong in the Responsibility theme take
psychological ownership of what they say they will do. They are
committed to stable values such as honesty and loyalty.

Belief: People strong in the Belief theme have certain core values
that are unchanging. Out of these values emerges a defined purpose
for their life.

Connectedness: People strong in the Connectedness theme have faith in
the links between all things. They believe there are few coincidences
and that almost every event has a reason.

Developer: People strong in the Developer theme recognize and
cultivate the potential in others. They spot the signs of each small
improvement and derive satisfaction from these improvements.

Adaptability: People strong in the Adaptability theme prefer to "go
with the flow." They tend to be "now" people who take things as they
come and discover the future one day at a time.

All my "positivity" husband could manage to yell to me was, "What???? Adaptability????" He then proceeded to tell me just how scary I really am. I'm so glad I took this test for him....

3 comments:

Andrew McAllister said...

Does that mean he should be more careful what he asks for? :o)

Andrew (To Love, Honor, and Dismay)

deanna said...

I have warned him before!;-) He's always told me I'm intimidating, so I think he's feeling a bit confirmed in his assessment.

Unknown said...

I got adaptability as my 5th Top five, my bf said that I was as far from "go with the flow" as possible!
Interestingly enough after I dumped him and took the test a few years later "adaptability" flew off the radar screen and was replaced with Intellection....