Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Random Thought for the Week

Yeah, I realize this is a first for me. I might make this a weekly column!

I was driving home from Connecticut this past weekend and there were several "traffic incidents" on the opposite side of the road. As I drove along, I would just watch the drivers on the other side of the road thinking to myself, "Oh, if you only knew the traffic that lies ahead of you and what is causing it!" In life, we all travel in the same direction. There is no one who can say to us, "I was just where you are going yesterday. Watch out for the...." Or is there??

I have always found it comforting when I am going through difficult circumstances to know that I have a savior who has been there, gone ahead. Now, I wish He would share all the details with me, but He doesn't. So my peace that I feel? I guess it's the understanding that I don't have to fear the unknown because it is known. He knows.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me
And He tells me I am His own.
And the joy we share as we tarry there
None other has ever known.

C. Austin Miles

No comments: