Friday, February 17, 2006

movie quotes

I have never been good at spouting off quotes let alone impersonations or even coming up with the name of a movie. It always amazes me when people can do that because I can't!

Tonight at dinner, Em said to me, "Mommy, what movie is this? 'Am I just eating because I'm bored?'" I just looked at her kind of funny. I thought she didn't know the answer (because I'm so slow!). Kt was sitting across from her trying to tell me the answer so I guessed "Spongebob." Em generally gets her movies mixed up with TV.

They both laughed at me and said in unison, "The Grinch!" I was quite surprised. Emily said the quote again and even mimicked the grinch. Scary! Well, if that wasn't frightening enough, Kt, a huge Spongebob fan since the show originated, started to mimic Squidward (?) and she sounded just like him!!

Now, I'm slightly impressed and even more embarrassed! I'm impressed that both my children have acquired a skill I've lacked my entire life, embarrassed that they've just quoted two shows (movie and show) they likely watch too much of! Now, I had to write this quickly so I didn't forget the names!

1 comment:

deanna said...

Thanks!!! Hmmm... I'll have to read his and make sure he's not giving away any info on that one!! I've been enjoying your Mexico blog - glad Nathan is doing better!! He's ADORABLE!