Friday, February 17, 2006

One Thing

There is ONE thing I love about Maryland. Only one that I can think of right now, anyway! It's this:
You can go to bed with a foot of snow on the ground and wake up to is having disappeared! I LOVE that!! The first time experienced this we had had over 3 feet of snow. It had been on the ground for a few days and I was wondering if I'd ever see grass again! One morning, I opened the front door and all I saw was a complete fog and not a speck of snow anywhere. I've never seen snow melt so fast! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!

Unfortunately, our wonderfully warm weather is giving way to a cold front - brrrrr!!! It's windy and becoming very cold out right now. Em really wanted to go to the park, but it's just a little too windy for me right now. That smell of melted snow is a good reminder to us that spring is just around the corner. YEAH!

(Incidentally, when I drove around our circle to take this picture of our house, Em asked me what I was doing. When I informed her I was just taking a picture for my blog she replied, "Oh, I thought maybe we were selling our house or something!" Do I have a future real estate agent on my hands, or what??? And just 5 years old!)

No comments: