Thursday, February 09, 2006

Stamps

Last week Em and I went to the post office to mail a few things, pick up some stamps and send Uncle Rick his bathroom bag that he left here after Christmas (yeah, I know, we're a little slow...). These days we don't use snail mail much, so we can never find our stamps when we actually do need them. As I was looking at my choices, my eyes beheld the cutest stamps I've ever seen, and they are HUGE! They are the Favorite Children's Book Animals stamps and I LOVE them!! Em was very excited, too. In fact, she even got, as a bonus, a lecture on how postage stamps cost LOTS more money than stickers. They are, in fact, not stickers at all - catch my drift!

Anyway, T wasn't quite as excited about these stamps as I was, but who really cares, right? We rarely need to use them except to send greeting cards or to pay bills. No biggie!

The other night, T was complaining to me about these recommendation forms he had to fill out for some big conference in, yes, Kuala Lumpur (he secretly wants to go himself!) and was chiding me on the fact that, even though the entire thing is being organized online the forms needs to be sent, hardcopies to Connecticut. It's OK - I took it well. Because when he asked if we had any stamps, I said had Curious George, Where the Wild Things Are, Maisy, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Wilbur, Frederick and Olivia to offer him, in size large! He just shook his head as he chose Frederick and Olivia.

No comments: