Sunday, February 12, 2006

Calling All Polar Bears!!


The snow has landed!! It's a "winter wonderland" outside, as you can tell, I'm safely tucked away until the next sign of spring! As it typical in the DC area, everything is closed. This time around, though, the plows actually came this morning!! Last time we had snow dumped on us we waited a few DAYS for the plows. Harrowing experience, especially with my neighbor about to have a baby!

I'm guessing we have around 2 1/2 feet of this stuff. The girls are dressed and out playing, T is dressed and shoveling, I'm still in my pajamas because I had to get everyone dressed, take pictures, etc. I'm considering heading out there myself, but I'm not sure. I have a real aversion to cold these days. I get what my brother lovingly refers to as "honkey red ear" and you can add various other body parts to that! I also get very itchy extremities - they will itch for hours after I come in, no matter how many layers I put on. Hands, feet, legs - it's awful.

OK - tmi, I know! So now I have to decide. Go out and shovel or bake chocolate chip cookies and plan my next couple of days around the snow?? There is no telling whether or not we will have school. I'm hopeful, as the snow has completely stopped, giving them plenty of time to prepare. However, it is Sunday so one never knows how many people they could round up for plowing, clearing, etc. Since our court is plowed, I'm very, very hopeful!

Well, I'm off to do something - I'll have to let you know what later!! Enjoy the pics!


The first picture is our backyard, second (taken from the living room) is our front yard, lamp post, and the last is a view from our front door. We are excited the plow came, although he got stuck in some ice, so we are a bit worried what lies underneath all that snow!!

1 comment:

deanna said...

LOL - *sigh* pretty for one day. Tomorrow, I'm afraid, the kids will be home, Em will miss her Valentine Party, rescheduled for Wed so I won't be able to help even though I'm signed up, and this much snow? Who knows when it will finally disappear!

The first time I heard my brother say that, I couldn't stop laughing. He always has these funny things he says and he generates them all himself. Funny guy!

I opted to stay in a make cookies, then clean, now I have dust all over me. I'm not sure what's worse - dust or snow!!