Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Vail, anyone??

It's been a crazy week here so far. Actually, it's been a little lazy. Em has had a cold all week so we've been doing the opposite of what we did last week - we're just staying home. I haven't posted much because I don't feel like I have much to say - bloggers block?

Crazy comes from half days, no school, parent teacher conferences (I'll likely have a lot to post about this one!) and sick kids. Today a Brownie field trip to the local Giant grocery store. General busyness but also the same amount of just lounging around with sicko!

Tonight, Em couldn't fall asleep, probably from her cold meds wearing off and the nap she took today. She is not my napper. Gave them up at 18 months old and rarely sneaks one in. When she does, she is wired all night! On my way down to start laundry (which I never did start!) I noticed her door was open, so I went in.

She was pretending to be asleep (haha - that's always so funny!) so I laid down with her. She started talking and I mentioned to her that Friday night she'd be staying at Grandma and Grandpa's. She started mumbling things and eventually she looked at me and said, "Grandpa does NOT believe in God. He's going to that place - you know, Vail!" I laughed and said, "Vail? What's that??" She replied, "You know, the fireplace place. There is fire everywhere, all over." I said, "OOOOooo, that sounds bad." She said, "And he'll be the ONLY person there!"

Yes, we have a limited idea of what heaven and hell are. She asked me then, "Will there be fire in hell?" I said I didn't know, but I did know that as long as Grandpa was alive, there was always hope for him to believe. Of course, her mind was set on Vail, so she continued on about the fireplace... Oh, the mind of a five year old. Scary!

I'm off to try to start that laundry that never got started. Hopefully I'll have more blogging material for you tomorrow, but for now I'm spent!

No comments: