Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Two Field Trips in Two Days!

This morning I went on Kt's one and only field trip this year - a bug walk in the woods behind her school. Yippee! Last night I was wondering why in the world I volunteered for a bug trip - I hate bugs!! It wasn't so bad, but then I got the note about Em's trip tomorrow, which I am also going on. "Wear old clothes/boot" - I don't even own boots! What am I going to do?? Of course, T is not interested at all in going, so I guess I'll have to go. I wonder if all these field trips are what is making my stomach so queasy.

On a funny note, Em told me today that they use "vernoculars" at school to look for birds, and that each child has a box that will have three eggs in them. Each morning they will check their boxes to see if an egg has "patched." She just cracks me up - I wanted to just leave her be, but instead I ruined it and told her they were binoculars and that eggs hatch. She was not impressed with my superior knowledge - not one little bit! I guess I better not bother tomorrow - in front of all her friends! - imparting any amount of wisdom on them during our pond walk. Those preschoolers can be such know-it-alls!

No comments: