Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Chincoteague Photos



Here are the pictures I promised of our little weekend trip. The one above is the girls at the Visitor's Center being geeky. I had to throw that one in.

Next we have Kt with the "vernoculars" checking out what she thinks may be distant relatives of Misty of Chincoteague, with the distinct map of the U.S. pattern on their sides. You can see that group pictured below.




Em liked the group underneath here because she is quite certain that Spirit is in that particular group. We saw him again even closer on our way out of the park. Spirit is a movie about a horse - and Em is a huge fan of horses. When she was 2! my mom and I took her to a local church carnival. They had a small pony and a huge horse (whose legs were as tall as I am!). She wanted to ride the horse, not the pony. I was not even sure they would let her and my mom and I were sure that once we got up to the front of the line, she would be too scared to get way up on that horse. She surprised us, though, by adamantly choosing that horse, and she didn't stop smiling the entire trip around the circle.



We ended our day with a few hours at the National Seashore on Assateague. It was beautiful. Very cool and windy, which made the sun more than bearable. The girls had a grand time catching sand crabs while T and I relaxed a bit. What a wonderful weekend away!! We all cannot wait to go back and hope to stay on Chincoteague next time we return.

1 comment:

doubleknot said...

You took some wonderful pictures that I am sure you will treasure. Nice story about the horse - little girl who knows what she likes. Brave also.