Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Thanks!

Your prayers were felt, well received and very answered. Our little neighbor had a very successful surgery, her parents are feeling good about it. She came out of it well and seems to be taking everything in stride. The hospital they are at used to have a ban on children visitors due to RSV, but just lifted the ban last week, so M's two year old sister will now be able to visit. If Em were any better I might take her, but we'll have to pass!

You can continue to pray for them - M will have a hospital stay for a couple weeks most likely. When she returns home, there will be a lot of home care that her parents will be responsible for - lots of tubes, lots of tube cleaning, lots of nursing things that no one is really trained to do. It's overwhelming. She was fortunate to have not been able to get on the correct pediatrics floor, but instead is with the older kids, has a private room with a shower - great for mom and dad!! One perk to having this surgery later I guess.

And Em? Well, she was much more herself today, other than being completely covered with this hideous rash. Poor, poor baby. Although, I'll take a viral rash over major surgery any day of the week - so I guess the timing for us works as well. We all appreciate your prayers. Our big disappointment is that we will likely not be able to go to CT this weekend as planned. I was really looking forward to spending Mother's Day with my mom, since my brother and his wife are off to Las Vegas on Friday. I'm just not sure Em is up for travel - every little outing seems to wipe her out. We are one unhappy household right now. Mother's Day weekend with dad away, sick kids and no fun trip to CT. Oh, well. I guess we'll have to go another time!

I'm off to bed so I can spend another day playing Princess Monopoly, watching Lilo and Stitch and taking baby dolls around the zoo that suddenly popped up right inside my own house. I never knew there were dolphins living in our upstairs bathtub! Now I know! And if you come over, watch out for those lions in our living room!

1 comment:

doubleknot said...

So happy that your neighbor's child came through safely. Her parents are facing a hard time but they will get through it - He helps.
Have fun at the zoo. I remember those days. There was this one movie that my son liked to watch over and over and there was some screaming in it - I was tempted to ruin the tape but didn't.