Tuesday, May 09, 2006

My Poor, Poor Em!

This morning I went in to wake up Em and found her covered in that rash we discovered yesterday. She looks extremely miserable!! That poor child! So, I did what all good moms do. I said to my husband, "See if she'll eat, call the doctor and I'll be home in three hours!" Really, that's what I did, because I have the luxury of my husband being able to work from home so I can fulfill a commitment I made to a friend to do childcare at our church's women's ministry. He had to stay home last week with both girls and today with Em. I'm glad now that this was the last week, even happier to guess that by next week, when I don't have anywhere to go or anything to do, everyone in this house will be happy and healthy!

Really, it just brings up a huge question for me about going back to work. It's so hard to decide what to do. I do want to work, but I also need some flexibility so that I can be home when my kids need me to be. I certainly cannot expect T to stay home with them all the time and we really don't have any family that is willing to stay with them should I go back to work. It's a tough decision.

Now Em - will we ever find her some relief? I sure hope so. Now that I'm home, I guess I better go check on her!!

No comments: