Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Family Stuff

We are all feeling better, going to school, doing homework, playing outside (well the girls are, anyway!). It's kind of nice. My commitment on Saturday and T's work Saturday night have both been cancelled, which leaves a huge chunk of time we all of a sudden have free - AND we have two days to plan something fun! We are thinking we might take the girls to see Over the Hedge. Of course, I'm sure we can think of many other things to do as well!

On Friday, Kt has a "book sharing" project, so we all just made a video for it. It's OK, but it'll do, I'm sure. She was very excited about it, so that's good. Em has her end of the year school party at a park, then she's off until next Thursday when her 3 1/2 week nature camp begins. That will be nice for me. I love the end of the school year because it means I'm a little closer to having the girls home with me. Something I love!

Today, Em and I went to visit her friend, M, who had surgery last week. She came home Monday evening - 1 1/2 weeks earlier than they originally thought she would! She is doing really well all things considered. Kids are so resilient! I sat with them for a bit while my neighbor ran out to pick up one of the two prescriptions their pharmacy had to wait on. I'm guessing tomorrow she will need to run out for the other. What a hassle. They have this tub of all the meds M needs, syringes for administering them and all the other medical things one might expect. It's quite an undertaking, but all in all, I think they are very glad to be home and you don't need to glance twice at M to see that she is exactly where she wants to be!! Thanks, again, for all who have prayed for them. They are being well taken care of and I think things are looking really good for them!

So, back to family stuff. We have to make some decisions about next year, school, girl scouts, jobs... It's getting a bit overwhelming added in with all the missions trip stuff. At some point, we will need a little respit from all this, but I'm just not sure that is coming any time soon. Hopefully, LA and a little Disney magic will do the trick!!

No comments: