Friday, January 23, 2009

What Does that Mean?

The girls and I were having a conversation this morning that left me puzzled. See if you can follow along....

Me to Em: Next year, when you go back to school, there will be a new library! (They are going to finish the building renovations...)

Em: I know!

Me: And all the pods (clusters of classrooms for each grade) will look like the third grade pod.

Kt: You know what I hate about the third grade pod? The floor in front of it is tile, so when it rains...

Me: Well, we know from Mom's school that tile is better than carpet. It doesn't hold mold, which makes you sick.

Kt: I know...

Em: You know what makes ME sick at school? The markers.

Me: What do you mean?

Em: When I smell those Expo markers, they make my nose run. I think I'm allergic to them.

Me: You know, you're not supposed to just smell them - that's bad for you.

Em: I know! (with her mischievous giggle)

Kt: You know, if you smell those markers you can die.

Em: I KNOW!! (giggling some more)

I'm not sure what to make of that....

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Kids! Something tells me that Em keeps you on your toes... ;-)