Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Midyear Review

I've been told I don't have to do this, but for my own evaluation and assessment, I'm working reviews of each of my students. Eventually I will write up something to send home with each of their packets of work from the last quarter. I thought that writing down daily notes on each student would help in this effort, and in many ways it has.... but it is also making my overly detail oriented mind possibly be over analytical.

This type of midyear assessment was laborious when I was a teacher, but now that I am a parent, I can see the value in it even more. I think to myself, on most occasions, "If I were his/her mom, what would I want/need to hear...." The students I work with only come to me because they are identified as needing my help. I just pray my help is really making a difference and really what they need! The only way to determine that is do what I'm doing!!

It's laborious, but someone's gotta do it!

No comments: