Friday, January 02, 2009

Things I Would Like to Do This Year

In other words, things I'd like to do before I'm 40! I'm sort of doubting I'll do many of them, but I'll just throw some out there for fun.

1. Go on a cruise. This is looking more and more likely that it'll be without T. I gave him 15 years to try it..

2. Take at least one graduate class. I've been dragging my feet on this one - I just don't know yet what I want to be when I grow up!

3. Fly somewhere on whim. Is this even possible when you're married with kids? Can you just wake up and say, "I want to go to Australia!" and get up and go?? I'm not sure, but I'm putting it on my list.

4. Do one of each of these things daily: devotions, exercise, love on my family and learn something new. Not sure it's possible, but I think I need to try.

5. Read more than one book this year - last year was pitiful. I need to read more!

6. Visit the mouse. I haven't been anywhere near Disney anything in almost 2 years. It's a little sad because it is truly one of my favorite places.

7. Become more fiscally conscious. When we got married, I begrudgingly gave up control of any money because T really wanted the reins. I'm at a point now where, if anything happened to him I'd be lost! I need to be a little more involved. I might even use my ATM card... if I can find it!

8. Make all those doctor's appointments I dread and actually go to them. Trust me - I go enough, so the thought of adding any more is just dreadful, but I need to.

9. Scrapbooking - I'm so far behind, it's just overwhelming. I need a plan, I need printed pictures and I need to get this done!!

10. I want to visit at least 5 new places (preferably warm beaches!) this year. That shouldn't be too hard, except that sometimes I feel marooned on this island. Get me out of here!!!

No comments: