Sunday, April 23, 2006

I'm Back!!

I am finally home! And much to my surprise, I did have fun this weekend. Of course, anytime an introvert (like myself!) has to spend almost 60 hours with 300 other women, it can be terribly exhausting. I feel a little bit like I just ran a marathon, although I've never done that so I'm not really sure if this is how I would feel. I am tired, my body aches and I just want to sleep in my own bed!

Unfortunately, I have a full week ahead. Tomorrow - field trip to the farm, Tuesday - childcare for Connections, Wednesday - tutoring at Kt's school, Thurs - Bible Study and Friday T is staying home and wants to go look at more economical cars. I am purposely not committing to anything in the afternoons because my house is a disaster area, I have not been to the grocery store in three weeks, I have laundry coming out of my ears - again! and I just need some time without anything. Swamped is just the tip of the iceberg for me.

Our weekend was entitled "Joy for the Journey" and it was really awesome. I will write more about it later (I know I've said this several times about several things) and will be trying to apply some of what I've learned this week. Hopefully, it will work because with a week like this, I imagine the joy could easily be sucked right out of me!

Before I forget, someone tagged me again (I think? can't remember!). I'm supposed to tell six weird things about me. I believe I already did this in another post, but only five things. So, I'm going to look for that post and here is my sixth thing to add:

6. I have blonde hair and brown eyes. In Jr. High, during a Social Studies unit on the Colonial Period, another student reported that a characteristic of witches during that time period was that some had blonde hair with brown eyes instead of blue. Needless to say, that one followed me for a long time!! Don't worry, though, because I haven't cast a single spell (that actually worked!)!!

Hope everyone had an awesome weekend!

2 comments:

doubleknot said...

Glad to hear you are home and had a nice time over your weekend.
My you stay busy. I wish I could help with the laundry it is my favorite thing to do because I can set the clothes to washing and go so something else.
Don't over do it - the clothes the messy house will still be there - the kids grow up so fast and Bible Study should be a peaceful time.

deanna said...

Haha - well, I didn't do any of those things I had in mind!! And you are right - kids grow up so fast! It's too bad I can't find someone like you to do my laundry - of course, I'd likely talk your ear off and you'd get nothing done here anyway! LOL