Tuesday, April 04, 2006

My Father Would Be Proud!

I'm sure you would never think this what it is! Em has decided that she LOVES chocolate milk!! This happens to be one of the loves of my father. My girls have a limited list of things they enjoy drinking. Kt drank only milk for years and because of this, I was hesistant to introduce flavored milk. When she was very young, guess who did that for me? Today, she likes only water and an occasional chocolate milk.

Em has been a bit more varied about what she will drink, which made our Disney trips much more bearable. She will drink water, orange juice (her father's fetish) and occasionally milk or another type of juice. She has never liked flavored milk of any kind. A few months ago her sister finally convinced her that chocolate milkshakes (at Friendly's) were not so terrible. This past weekend, she asked for a chocolate milk to try, yesterday she made me buy chocolate milk at the grocery store and by today it is half gone!! Of course, this will be a treat, not a regular item in our refrigerator!

As for soda pop, neither of my children like it. I've always found this quite odd, as we used to love it when I was growing up! I remember one time when having ice cream at a restaurant, Kt, at the age of 3, grabbed for my Sprite thinking it was her water. After taking a sip, with a mouth full of ice cream, she instantly put on that yucky face, mouth wide open with foaming ice cream just pouring out of it. It was a site for sore eyes!!! But for the mess we had to clean up, we were in stitches. That child hasn't touched soda since and her little sister has followed in her footsteps.

As for my dad, he would have happily indulged in some good chocolate milk with his girls. He might have even added some chocolate dunked Entenmann's donuts! After their little chocolate picnic, I'm quite certain he would have passed those sugared up children back to me or their father - until they were ready to cuddle up to him and watch some TV. Ah, so predictable, each of them. Yes, he would have been very proud and excited about Em's newfound love!

1 comment:

doubleknot said...

Oh my chocolate milk. I am not suppose to but indulge once in a while. Strange but I can drink a Yahoo - chocolate drink from the store and not get sick - I don't think they have that much milk or chocolate in them.

Good for your kids they stay away from soft drinks. The first thing my room mate's grandkids want when they come over is a soft drink - I try to talk them into the fruit juice and sometimes it works.