Saturday, April 08, 2006

Home Sweet Home!

We made it, the girls and I, up to Connecticut yesterday. It's cold, rainy and comfy cozy!! After going to the Circle Diner last night for dinner, we settled in last night just hanging out with Mom, doing a puzzle and watching TV. Just like home! Haha!

Today we all slept in, then got up and had blueberry muffins. Yum! We actually buy these blueberry muffins from Kroeger whenever we are down south. It was my mom's last box, but since we are leaving Friday for Savannah, we decided to go ahead and finish them up. We'll stock up next time! Bakery Style - the best!

We went to the Ice Age 2 today - it was awesome! One of the best sequel movies I've seen. I could easily see them continuing this story!! The girls loved it. Em said the water was a little scary, Kt couldn't even get the words out to tell us what she liked the best. Apparently, she liked it all! We will definitely buy this one - go see it if you can!

For dinner we went to a place I've been craving for a while. I used to go all the time when I was a teenager, but in Connecticut there's a pizza place on every block! This one, Brick Oven pizza, is by far my favorite. Tonight was no exception. It was fun to go back to an old favorite and the girls really enjoyed seeing them make the pizzas and cook by an open fire in a brick oven - what a treat!

A funny thing happened at the movie. Connecticut has entered a phase of "trekkiness" with these wireless phone gadgets - hands free. My brother and his wife got them a couple months ago, and my mom is always talking about how dorky they look. She's right! Connecticut passed a hands-free driving law (HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS FOR EVERY STATE!) and wireless phone makers are taking this one by the reigns and making it work for them. All these people with these funky ear things every shade of every color imaginable! What you don't see in the outdoors was glaringly apparent in the movie theater - they blink!! It was annoying, hysterical, infuriating and hilarious! Well, the man sitting next to me only agreed with the first and third of my assessments, and actually asked a man sitting in front of my mom to remove his. I thought we were going to have a showdown right there in Ice Age 2, in front of all those little kiddies!

Really, Connectikittens, they are just downright geeky! If you think you look cool wearing them, think again! Behind the wheel, OK, out in public, eyesore! I feel like I've landed on another planet with all these droids walking around with these contraptions on their ears - flashing no less! HELP!

Anyway, back to reality. The girls are playing happily in a tub of water - claw foot, to be exact, in this century old home. We are looking forward to shopping, eating out and hanging out for the next couple of days - all the things my mom doesn't like to do alone! Happy Palm Sunday tomorrow!

2 comments:

doubleknot said...

Glad you are having a nice time.
I didn't know those ear things blinked. People down here have started wearing them but they all seem to be small and black. It used to be if a person at least had a hand to his ear you figured he was talking on a phone - now you have to look twice to see if someone is on a phone or just talking to themselves - in which case you want to move away very carefully.
State is going to get around to passing the no cell phone while driving act soon - which I think is a good thing - couldn't tell you how many misses I have had from people so busy talking they don't look at traffic.

deanna said...

Some of them don't blink - I think, though, they they are the ones you have to hold your phone to talk into it. These are completely hands free and come with that new Razor phone. Very annoying in a movie theater - where you aren't even supposed to be talking on a phone anyway! I would love MD to pass the hands free law - so many near misses!!