Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Safe and Sound!

We made it back, the girls and I. Sometimes I think it's actually easier to travel during times when you would least expect it. Last Friday afternoon, we made it in record time. Today, a Tuesday morning/afternoon, the traffic was terrible! There's nothing more insulting that rolling out of the Delaware Memorial Bridge toll in traffic, looking up at the message board for any hint of why you've just spent the last 30 minutes going 2 miles and reading "Check Your Speed"! Need I say more?

We are happy to be home, but I need to go pack the girls up and drive them down to T at work for a night with granny and grandpa. They are both so tired I don't think they want to go - so sad! I'm sure once they get there they will be happy, but right now they are both beat. As a matter of fact, so am I!

The girls had a long discussion in the car about Jesus after Em finally figured out that Jesus actually live on Earth. It's funny the things that completely slip by them. Kt mentioned that Good Friday was when Jesus died on the cross, Easter was when he was resurrected from the dead and it just hit her - he actually lived on earth! Kind of funny. It was a great conversation until all that traffic! Sometimes I wonder what is going on in their heads.

Well, off to pack and plan something fun tonight for T and I. Dinner somewhere, then relax probably. Tomorrow I have a day to myself - that is a rare thing. I have a list that is rather lengthy of things I'd like to do. We'll just have to put them all on a wheel and give it a spin because I MIGHT get one or two of them done!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a fun day to yourself tomorrow!!!

doubleknot said...

Isn't it wonderful when a child discovers something and you can just see how it excites them.
A little late on this comment - hope you had a nice evening and a nice day.

deanna said...

Thanks! Well, T decided to work from home, so now I'm not completely alone. THAT would be a miracle I presume!

We went to Don Pablo's last night. I had suggested Cheesecake Factory but that got nixed for Don Pablo's. After waiting about 20 minutes, we realized it was kid's night!! UGH! I was wondering why the wait on a Tuesday night!?! Anyway, it was fun.

When we got home, a neighborhood kid was having a sleepover (teenage boys!) and they were playing some game outside, running around all our houses. I could hear them in our backyard every now and again. So glad when they finally went in at 9:30.

Then we watched The Weatherman - not the best movie. Then, to bed! Now I have to try to get some of my stuff done!

Thanks for asking, though!