Saturday, August 05, 2006

On His Way Home!

T is on a plane right now from Doula, Cameroon to Paris, France. He emailed this morning saying he was still sick and hoping to sleep on the plane a bit. I have a feeling he'll be taking a sick day on Tuesday!! Hopefully, they will all arrive safely - 7 am Paris time, 1 am our time. I might just stay up tonight to make sure they land safely.

After his email, I received one from the family in Cameroon that arranged and hosted everything for us. A tearful goodbye, reunion plans and a small P.S. on the bottom that they were returning T completely exhausted and pooped out. I replied with: That's always the way we receive him after these trips! : ).

The girls are planning a chocolate feast when he returns - I'm guessing that is more for their benefit. I'll have to go to the local chinese take-out and make sure we have plenty of Won-ton soup around for his return! The girls won't mind, as long as they get their chocolate!! Getting them to clean up for him is a completely different story.

Today Kt was supposed to have her best friend, who is moving to Bismarck, North Dakota on Thursday, over for the day and evening. We picked her up, ran to the grocery store where before we even got out of the car she became sick to her stomach. Poor Kt - she's been asking for her all day!! Anyway, we'll have to see if we can't work something out before Thursday, but that's not looking so good.

After swim lessons, we had chips and cheese for dinner. We have to do stuff like that when dad is away. He hates cheese and I would never dream of having something like that for dinner. We just did it tonight because we could. It was really gross! LOL! But fun, and the girls were happy. They are now watching Aquamarine for the umpteenth time. Yes, I let them watch it, and it was much cuter than I'd expected. I wasn't going to let them see it, but when we went to Target and saw it mixed in with Disney and Nickelodean movies, I decided I'd give it a try.

And me? Well, hopefully I can finish up these wedding invitations tonight so that all day Sunday and Monday I can clean my house! Not so fun, but must be done. That's life!! I also have a prospect for a very part time tutoring job for this next school year. I was praying about what I could do that wouldn't require me to work all the time but I could be productive, and keep a little busy. I've also been pondering what to do with the rest of my life. Graduate school for something education related or do something totally different, like a travel agent or banker. You know - I'm basically directionless at this point!! LOL - well God just started me out with something education related. And He knows my heart best. We'll see where this goes!

Pray for T - and our adjustment to him being home, processing his trip and applying what he's concluding to his life now. It's never an easy adjustment, but it's always worth the time and energy we put into translating the experience God has given to our lives here. We'll get him well first, then we'll listen intently to the amazing things he experienced on the other side of the world! One of the things I've always loved about T is that he loves to be the learner, but he's really a great teacher!

No comments: