Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Cameroon

Well, today is our first day without an update, but the truth is I never expected any updates!! It's been a pleasant surprise getting the few that I have, and I am so thankful for that little bit of connectivity.

This afternoon, after a morning in the heat at the beach, we got an Incredible Edible fruit basket from T! It said in the card, "Enjoy. I am having a great time in Cameroon (I think!). " So funny, and a very sweet thought. I'm glad we really came to Connecticut!

Please just continue to pray for the health of the team and the receptivity of the kids they are hopefully bonding with. They are to return to Yaounde either tomorrow or Thursday, and I know the 3 hour bus ride - no bathroom stops - may prove to be a challenge for any who might be ill. Once back in Yaounde, I'm hope they can enjoy some culture, a bit of rest and a time of encouragement with their hosts, who have so graciously opened their homes.

They leave Saturday evening, fly to Paris, arriving at 6:30 am for a debrief in France. Their return to America is Monday late afternoon into evening for us. I hope they all get a chance to enjoy Paris!! and reflect on their experience. I can't wait to hear all about this trip!

No comments: