Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Creation Museum

I was just reading about this Creation Museum in Kentucky. The name Ken Ham came up. T and I went to a presentation by him once. It was actually a school trip, when I taught in a christian school. Some very interesting theories and very good arguments against the theory of evolution and the origin of life.

Most people, I'm sure, will laugh off this museum, balking at the idea that there is anything "scientific" about creation. I think it takes some amount of faith to believe what you read in the Bible concerning the origin of life. Of course, I happen to think it takes a larger amount of faith to believe that humans "evolved" from a single cell!!

The truth is, there are things we will never know until we "meet our maker." We can argue all we want about who is right or wrong, but that will never accomplish anything. I do think it's worth dwelling on, though, the theories this man has researched for many, many years.

As a student in America, I was forced to learn the theory of evolution as fact. Never presented with any other option or possibility. As a parent, I won't allow that to happen to my children. For those who think I'm a "wacko" for believing in creation, have you ever wondered what I think about evolutionists?? Here's what I think: if you would like me to be more open-minded, I'd like the same courtesy. Thanks!

No comments: