Sunday, August 06, 2006

Can I Just Tell You How Psycho I Am??

This is a totally random story, but since I just remembered it, I'll tell you how totally blonde and psycho I am. Two weeks ago, the Sunday before the Cam team left, I was leaving church to go to my CPR/First Aid training. My mind was not completely there, my allergies were acting up, I was kind of tired.... OK, I had absolutely no excuse for what I did.

I was walking through our entirely way too big church lobby and my eyes caught sight of two girls who looked exactly like the daughters of a woman I used to teach with. She and her husband had adopted these girls from Russia years ago and the last I saw them was at our Extreme School Makeover, when they were out with their school PTA. They had mentioned leaving their church and I have wondered where they ended up. When I saw these girls, I immediately thought of them.

One of the girls ran up to a man I recognized, so I went right over, with only this thought in my mind, "What are they doing here??" I said to this man, "HI THERE!! When did you start coming here?" He gave me the strangest look and said, "Well, uh, oh, you mean the 11:15 service? Because we usually come at 9:15!" I replied, "Oh, right. Gosh. The last time I saw you was at the school makeover! Where's Jen?" At this point, he looked at me really strangely and said, "She's right over there." and off he went to catch a younger girl.

At this point, I turn around, I do not see Jen anywhere. Of course, I see my other friend, Jen, you know, the one who is in our small group every other Monday, the one who knows my friend Jen that I am looking for (thankfully!). At this point, I realize how totally stupid I've been. I mean, I'm clearly psychotic. This man and these girls, they are not the people I thought they were. This is Bob from my small group!!! and these are his girls, his very own, not from Russia. What is wrong with me???

I caught up with them as I was leaving and we all laughed it off, but really, I need my head checked!! Of course, of all the couples in our small group they are the ones who come the least. And this past winter I was taking that class so I was never there. I think the last time I saw them was last November!! But still - I mean, really, people need to start wearing name tags at my church or I'll be completely lost. Oh how I miss little churches!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel alone. My husband does stuff like that on a fairly regular basis.
Which makes me wonder, do I attract people like y'all??? Yikes!

deanna said...

Just my fear - that I'm more like a man!! LOL