Thursday, October 02, 2008

Misplaced

I'm about 98% certain I was not created to live in Maryland. It's 57 degrees and my feet are ice cubes, there isn't a beach within a half a days drive and two of the most liberal newspapers, The Baltimore Sun and The Washington Post are my local papers. On days like these, I'll admit it - I sit around and dream of warmer (in more places than one!) place to live. I think that it's no wonder ever since I moved here I've had high blood pressure. As many times as I've tried to attempt to come to terms with my fate, I've never been able to feel contented about living here. The thing about it is that what I hear is that I'm the complainer, I'm the one who needs to make the change (change the attitude, that is, because we're not going anywhere!) and just be happy. Um, OK, let's try again...

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

It does often sound like you don't enjoy MD. So...would there be value in considering other options?

deanna said...

Admittedly, I plot daily all the places I'd rather live!

Randy and Terry said...

First, I gotta say this sounds a little funny coming from a Connecticut girl! It's definitely warmer in MD than in CT. However, cold feet are cold feet no matter where you live. :)

Just concentrate on your home being where your family is and enjoy that feeling. Oh, and get T to rub your feet!

deanna said...

Haha... well, the temps where I'm from in CT are similar to the ones here, with the added benefits of family and the beach!!! I'm thinking I need to move south for sanity!