Saturday, October 11, 2008

Firepit




I've always wanted one of these. I'm not sure why we waited so long to get one!! We have these plans to "someday" (which frequently means "never" around here!) put a patio in our backyard. I thought I needed to wait, but decided last week I just want one - I don't care if I don't have a patio. I have a driveway!

Last night, we tried it out and had a blast with the girls. Tonight, we brought it around front to the island in our cul-de-sac and made s'mores, hot dogs and the kids told "spooky" stories. It was seriously fun! I think we need to do that more often. Next time, I'm going to buy some Jiffy Pop!

T is now camping in the backyard with the girls. We had intended on trying camping, but the campground in our area was sold out, so the girls opted for the backyard. Having our neighbors to share in a campfire made it well worth it! Not to mention it's FREEZING outside tonight, so they can always come in if they get too cold. Suburban campers! ;-)
Oh, and our new motto is: Sacrifice the Fire King!

3 comments:

Randy and Terry said...

Great family time! I love it. The girls look like they're having a blast. Some of our best family memories are of camping vacations.

Oh and thanks for adding the blog. I'm feeling loved now! ;)

deanna said...

Hahaha, oh, I meant to answer that. I usually visit your blog from the comments you leave, but had been meaning to add it to my bloglines. I'm glad you mentioned that!

Thanks for leaving comments. It's nice to know that someone actually reads your blog!

Kathryn said...

Adorable photos!