Monday, January 14, 2008

Resembling Normal

Well, both girls got on the bus this morning for the first time in 12 days.... and that was having only one day after an 11 day vacation where they were both in school. That's nearly 33 days at home with my children. I need a vacation!!!

Of course, after the girls got on the bus, I scarfed down my breakfast and headed over to their school for my bimonthly 1st grade volunteering! Yup, my first day of freedom and I was in school. Hard to believe, but I guess that's life! After that, grocery shopping for the first time in a few weeks, then I sat around and waiting for my aunt to call me to come help her with her passport application - of course, she called me at 3:30.... I should have just gone to the gym!! Humph.

Kt had piano lessons, the girls did their homework, I cooked real food for dinner - yummy, nutritious meal, now I have laundry, bible study stuff and a snack to make for tomorrow, might possibly hop on that treadmill now that T moved it for me back to the one outlet in our dingy basement. It feels like we're back to "normal"!

Crazy week ahead - bible study tomorrow am, then work, dr. appointment Wednesday, then help my aunt (hope that works out better than today!), then Girl's Grace Adventure, Thursday is packing and work... then leave for Connecticut. Maybe. Still not sure about that trip. Taking the seniors to NYC, T is. Maybe. That's kind of how it always is around. "Normal"!

I put together a card last night... finally.... so we can send out our Hungary Thank Yous. It's kind of late to do that, but the whole thing was a lot to process and it's fluid. Looks like we might go back this summer. When we decided to go last year, I told everyone that it was not something we'd do every year. Taking the whole family on a missions trip is a huge undertaking. Well, looks like we might try that again. "Normal"! I eat my words.

Gotta run. Lots to do. Hopefully I can fit a couple blog posts in there this week. "Normal"!

No comments: