Wednesday, January 09, 2008

"Not Immune"

That's what they're saying.... but that's my mall AND that's where I always park! EEK! One would have to admit that over the past couple years, as the mall has added more restaurants, chic shopping and parking garages, the number of loiterers has increased ten-fold. I'm not sure why, but it doesn't feel as safe as it used to, back when Jo-Ann's was on the second floor!

Truth be told, with the addition of the movie theater, Cheesecake Factory and Nordstrom, I've completely avoided the mall at all cost... unless it's a weekday or I have a great, great need. And the last time we were there, we saw the new soft playspace they added - can we say superbug? or unattended minors?

I guess I'll be a bit more watchful about where I park, when I go and the people around me. I guess putting in metal detectors wouldn't help anything! (I'm totally kidding, folks.... I'm not that naive!) But now that I know we're not immune, I'll definitely be thinking twice about that trip to the mall!

No comments: