Thursday, January 24, 2008

Mommy Milestone

So, tonight was a mommy milestone, not to mention a huge one for Kt! It was her very first ever band concert!! I know my mom is probably grinning, thinking back to my first band concert, when I was a fourth grade flute player. Of course, my poor parents had to live through 17 years of band concerts, orchestra, etc. because my sister played the violin and my brother was a percussionist!

Really, I enjoyed tonight. I wasn't sure how it would go, but I was really impressed at how far all the kids have come in just a few short months. I'm so glad I convinced Kt to give it a try - she is very musical and seems to love it as much as I did!! And, of course, we ended the evening with the traditional ice cream shop visit. Unfortunately, grouchy and I (that would be Em) came home before the fun. Just a little late for that one.

I can't believe I'm a band parent!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always loved going to the concerts! I still do love seeing them at the school where I teach.