Monday, July 09, 2007

Slow Down!

Kt's question of the day was:

"Mommy, why do you slow down for those (speed) bumps in the road?"

I was pondering whether or not I should just demonstrate for her why we slow down, but thought better of it considering I need my '99 Toyota Sienna with 150,000 miles on it to last a few more years! Instead, I just answered, "Why do you think?"

Speed bumps are constantly interjected in our lives in many forms and variations, all with the same result: we must slow down! I guess when we refuse to do this ourselves, God throws a bump in the road our direction so we must stop. It's a good reminder, but I wish I was more receptive to listening to him so I could just zoom along unhindered!!

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I have to say, I love these car questions! Very inquisitive little critters, you have there. :-)

deanna said...

Yup... the other day we were riding around in the car and kt asked me a really bland question. My mom leaned over to me and whispered, "I keep waiting for her to ask a 'car question'!" We both laughed!!

Anonymous said...

Most of my life I've been told by one of my parents that there are no dead ends - only speed bumps and detours.

Like you, though, I wish I was more receptive to God's messages. I wish they came with a little note of authenticity written in florescent writing with flashing lights attached.