Friday, July 27, 2007

A Dozen

We are about to head out after a nice, quite week at home. I can't say that I've accomplished what I'd hoped to, but I did have a nice week. I'm sure I'll be returning to a messy house, once again!

Tonight we are spending the evening up in PA about 4.5 miles from where my grandparents lived while I was growing up. I can't WAIT to go see it! I haven't been there since I was 9 years old, but I have the most vivid memories of that farmland, trips to the milk store while "driving" in my grandfather's lap (can you believe that?), archery on the hill in their backyard, riding on his riding mower with him and playing hours of Skipbo. What fun!

After our little tour, we will be attending the wedding of one of T's former D-team guys, then heading up to CT to get the girlies. We have cookout plans with Em's kindergarten teacher and new husband, who just moved about 4 miles from my mom - weird, but fun! Then Monday T and I celebrate 12 years of marriage. He bought me a gorgeous bracelet, but we have to return it - it's broken.... already. LOL We are exchanging it for a DVR, because that what I've wanted for a long time. I'm such a "hopeless" romantic - aren't I? hehe I just hope it arrives before we leave for Hungary. I hope Em's passport arrives!! Pray with us it does!!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Deanna, did you get married in 1994 or 1995? I really thought this was your 13th ammiversary.

deanna said...

Hahaha... yes, T has already corrected me. So, it's really a baker's dozen.