Tuesday, July 17, 2007

scc blog

I know it's been a while since I've blogged - it's my summer blogcation! T sent me a message this morning that Steven Curtis Chapman has entered the blogging world. SCC is, by far, my favorite Christian artist. He is just totally passionate about putting God's word and mind down in music, committed to his family and he's a great musician. I know I'm going to enjoy reading his blog!

The truth is, up until I met SCC my junior year in college via one of my roommates, the only Christian artists I'd ever heard of were (seriously) Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith - that was IT! Coming from Connecticut, where there was no Christian radio and bookstores were even far and few between, might have had something to do with that. So, that junior year, I was totally blown away by some of this new music I was hearing, and I just latched onto SCC. This roommate of mine, Eli, met up a couple times after college in various East Coast locations for concerts. We haven't done that in a while, but SHE went and met him in person at an event down south, for Shaohannah's Hope, after adopting her son - sweet little thing that he is! I'm meeting up with her in a few days, not for a concert (boohoo) but for a visit after several years of not seeing her at all. I can't wait to tell her something about SCC that she doesn't know (or maybe she does... oh well!).

Anyway, welcome to the world of blogging, SCC!

2 comments:

JaydensJourney said...

Did you know that if you put in /marybeth instead of /scc you'll get his wife's blog. There is a new tour coming and I keep thinking we need to meet somewhere and go! I am really looking forward to seeing you on Sunday!

deanna said...

Of course you would know about this! LOL - and yes, let's choose a really cool place to meet, like Las Vegas - hehe! Now that we're older we can do that.;-) Of course, now we have kids to think about!:-0 Yay for Sunday!