Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I Peter 5:7

"Cast all your anxiety on him....."

This is one of those verses that I sometimes wish said something different. How I REALLY want it to end is "because he can make all the bad things go away forever" or "and he'll fix it" or even "so you'll never feel anxious again!" But it doesn't say any of those things. Instead, it simply says "because he cares for you." I should do that because he cares. Because it matters to him. Because when we cast our anxieties to him, it's a practice of our faith in him, our belief that the God who created all things cares about our anxiety. For real, that's bigger than him just taking something away, fixing it or helping me not to be anxious again. He could do any of those things and not care, but he cares. That's big.

No comments: