Friday, July 06, 2007

Remember Me

Remember me
In a Bible cracked and faded by the years
Remember me
In a santuary filled with silent prayers

CHORUS:
And age to age
And heart to heart
Bound by grace and peace
Child of wonder, Child of God
I'll remember you
Remember Me

Remember me
When the color of the sunset fills the sky
Remember me
When you pray and the tears of joy
fall from your eyes

CHORUS

Remember me
When the children leave
their Sunday school with smiles
Remember me
When they're old enough to teach
Old enough to preach
Old enough to leave

CHORUS

Age to age and heart to heart
Child of wonder child of God

Remember me

Age to age and heart to heart
Child of wonder child of God

~Mark Schultz


Today was the girl's last day of VBS at a beautiful little Presbyterian church up the road from ours. I'm sad our church has never had it's own VBS, but I'm so thankful we've been blessed by this one. Em's favorite thing about VBS was "the workers", who have been warm, welcoming, loving and just crazy for Jesus - it just totally shows in all they did. Kt's favorite thing was craft, probably because those "workers" just bragged on how creative she was, and it made her feel totally special.

I enjoyed VBS because I had a little time to myself. I have to admit, I felt a bit guilty dropping my children off to be ministered to, then running off to swim laps or run some errands. It always feels strange to me that I'm not part of making something happen, but I did enjoy it! Today I finished up a bit early and was sitting in my car and this song came on. I've heard it at least a thousand times, and I love the melody, the harmonies, it's a beautiful song.

Today, as I listened to it and sang along (aren't you glad you weren't there!;-)), I was seriously overwhelmed by the idea that the joy on the faces, in the dancing, while blowing bubbles, skipping rope and all the other various activities my children enjoyed this week, were all a reflection of the joy of Christ, of knowing Him, loving him and being blessed by Him. "Remember Me, when the children leave their Sunday Schools with smiles...." As I walked up to the little church to pick up my kids, I took extra time to notice and remember Him in all those smiles, in the laughter, the hugs and their goodbyes.

"I'll remember you. Remember Me."


No comments: