Friday, July 20, 2007

Accomplished

That's not really a word to describe me, but it's something I can say I've done today. I've accomplished:

-doing an insanely ridiculous amount of laundry - and I'm hoping to do small laundry bits in the next three weeks so I'm not doing it all the day before we leave!

-surviving an entire summer day inside with sick children - make that two!

-nothing else.

I can think of a bunch of things I wish I'd done today, but our delivery came of the faux wood our friend is putting on the front of the house, I've been asked to score Webkinz points for both girls today and that's entirely too much fun, I've been taking somebody's temperature all day and am glad to report that she's feeling better - for now, I've been chatting on the phone with a few old friends today - a bit of relief and I did clean up the mountain of shoes that have been piling up in the mud room - but I would not count that as an accomplishment since I SHOULD have made the culprits do it!;-)

Here's what's left on my list:

-reorganize our pantry
-clean all the bathrooms
-file away the girls school papers that I'm keeping
-throw the rest of those papers away!
-clean up the toys all over the back yard (again, someone else should be doing this one!)
-change the sheets on the beds
-wash the kitchen floor
-vacuum the whole house
-clean up my bedroom

On top of that exhaustive list, I need to clear off the front porch so our friend can get started tonight. Why me? Because T is off having fun with the middle schoolers and that was going to be our dinner tonight until Em decided to get sick. NOW I have to figure out what to do about dinner. With no food in the house. It's a glamorous job, but someone's got to do it!;-) I'm not feeling so accomplished anymore!

4 comments:

megan said...

you are making me laugh! right before lexi fell asleep tonight, she asked if i could please please please do wheel of wow and play goobers lab for her on webkinz! it's almost 2 am, and i must go spin the wheel. my kids are obsessed with webkinz, and i must admit i enjoy it too! but not as much as "my name is earl" :)

Kathryn said...

Ambitious! Wanna come clean my house?! ;-)

deanna said...

Megan - THAT is dedication!! And I've never heard of "my name is earl". I'm a little scared to know!
Kathryn - I'll clean your house because I know it's probably squeaky clean already!;-)

megan said...

I resisted "earl" for quite a while, but finally gave in. It's really funny, and sadly, it does remind me a bit of home (texas). A lot of people on our team watch it, and it's a bit addicting.