Thursday, July 12, 2007

Connecticut: the New Hollywood??

Tonight I was chatting with my sister-in-law. After reminding me that tomorrow is Friday the 13th AND my brother's birthday, she started filling me in on local news, in CT. Here's part of our conversation:

J: they have been filming a movie down the street from our house

me: really????
wow!
how fun! and annoying!
who is in it? what movie??

J: they have been filming on and off for about 2 weeks

me: maybe you can be an extra - just go jogging one day

J: I finally yesterday decided to find out.

me: is it raiders of the lost ark???
have you seen harrison ford?????
you lucky duck

J: I did yesterday (jog), but there were cops all around. I could not find much as a definite answer, but I thought I would ask the landlords when I saw them. They are home all day and know everything!
no, better, girly!

me: oooo

J: I asked Arnie today...He could not quite remember the name of the movie, but thought it had to do with 4 girls in long pants....
i was laughing so hard
i might not have been able to figure out what he meant if it were not for my internet research yesterday...
Sisterhood of the Traveling pants 2
ohhh, to be an old man

me: REALLY!
now I have to see the first one!
wow - that's pretty cook
cool

J: I think I own the first one (she does, I've been meaning to watch that!)
I thought so, D just said oh.

me: you should go across to FFLD and see if they are filming on the water at all

J: I believe they will be back soon. Kate Winslet and Leo DeCaprio are filming in Trumbull
or at least they just did

me: WHAT???

J: at the YMCA and that area

me: Fairfield County - the new Hollywood

J: funny huh?

me: it's crazy!
and some big movies, too

J: I told D to look out for Harrrison, but he never saw him
he did say that he and J were returning from lunch in downtown one day and had to take a big detour to get back to the office.
There were all these extras dressed in period clothing...
Robert DeNiro and Sean Penn were filming at the BPT movie theaters
mostly inside shots

me: Man- I've got to move back to CT

J: can you tell I am star stuck and I have not seen any stars

me: poor you - at least your odds are better than mine!

J: you do, we can go on a star search
I am not sure if I want to see anyone or I just like knowing they have been to my city!



Crazy! They were filming Raiders of the Lost Ark 3 in New Haven, where my brother works. Now all this??? My mom is in L.A. so all the stars headed to Connecticut I guess!! LOL Of course, by the time I get my bottom up there they will all go home!

No comments: