Monday, July 23, 2007

Reconnecting

Over the past week, I've had the pleasure of reconnecting with some old friends. Sometimes, this is not so pleasurable, but in all three cases I'm so glad I did! First, I called an old playgroup friend who lives really closeby. She works now so we don't see each other at all, but I think it was wonderful talking to her and look forward to getting together for lunch. Second, T and I spent the afternoon/evening yesterday in DC with my best friend from college. We were Connecticut buddies, travel partners and just really had a lot of fun together. Yesterday was no exception. I just love Eli and her family and it was awesome to spend some time with her. Finally, tonight we had dinner with a really special couple. They were one of the first families I met here in Maryland and we instantly connected because they grew up and met in Trumbull, CT, right near my home. It was amazing reconnecting with them, sharing stories old and new and just hanging out. I miss them all... and really wish I had more friends like them all here. Reconnecting can be so refreshing, until you have to say goodbye again!

No comments: