Thursday, July 19, 2007

Diving In!

On the way home from swim lessons, Kt asked me this:

You know that feeling when you are proud that you did something, but you still feel a little, eh....

Me: wiggly, or still shaky and nervous?

Kt: Yes. That is how I feel!

With all of us watching from the side of the pool, Kt did her first dive off a diving board. She told me on the way this morning that she had decided to do that today, but I didn't realize how much fear was involved. On her first attempt, when I had my camera phone ready to go, she backed out. I had to coax her back out to do a big cannon ball so she felt comfortable on the board. After that, she went back out and stood in position for another few minutes, encouraged by everyone and then did it - a perfect dive! And I didn't take a picture. The pressure was just too great with mom standing by with her camera. I promise, I'll get it tomorrow if I can convince her to do it again!

Em has a fever, so she didn't go in the pool today. Instead, she sat on the sidelines "encouraging" her sister with these words I remember my own siblings yelling to me at times:

"Oh, come on, Kt!"

Now we're home, preparing for the girls exit for Camp Lovegren on Sunday. They are very excited and we're hoping Em is feeling better by then. Mom returns tomorrow evening, so we have a little time, especially being stuck here.

As for me.... I don't know if I'm nauseated from changing my blood pressure meds or from the 700% increase in the cost of all my meds. T's old job had incredible benefits, which have been difficult for me to give up. This new job, not so great. We chose the most expensive insurance coverage so I could keep my doctor but our prescription coverage on that plan is practically nothing. In fact, they have paid NOT ONE PENNY for any of my meds. It's really just nauseating. So this morning sickness feeling in the pit of my stomach today.... could be anything, but it's NOT morning sickness!!

No comments: