Sunday, November 04, 2007

Craigslist Adventure

So, we've done quite well with our little Craigslist sale. It's interesting, and while a bit time-consuming, it seems a great alternative to holding a yard sale. The girls have chosen what they wanted to sell and we're giving them the money from most of the sales. We're going to do the 10-10-80 lesson with them (10%tithe, 10% save, 80% of their choosing....). We've talked about some Christmas shopping ideas, but Kt really wants to purchase something from one of our missions "catalogs", where you can purchase a well, or a cow or mosquito netting for children in Africa. I think we're onto something here! At least with Kt...

T and I have talked about the oddities of Craigslist. There are so many ways to list things, accept buyers, conduct business. Really, it all boils down to what you are comfortable with. I think being such an honest person, he has a difficult time dealing with people who say they are going to do something and then don't, which seems to be at the crux of Craigslisting sometimes. It's like everyone on CL is on siesta or something!! Really, though, we both couldn't be happier cleaning out some of that mess in our basement. We can actually walk down there now!

Tomorrow, I have about three women coming.. possibly... to look at some things, hopefully purchase them. While I'd love to think this brings us a little closer to finishing our basement, I'm guessing it just brings us closer to having a cleaner unfinished basement. And I'm OK with that. Cleaner is my operative word these days!

No comments: