Monday, October 01, 2007

Savannah, Here I Come!

I leave tomorrow evening for Savannah, where I get to spend a few days as Aunt De. Yippee! I will miss my girlies and T, but they'll do fine without me. Hehe. Here are 10 things I love about Savannah:

1. The slower pace of life - it's just so relaxing.
2. Warmth - in the air, in the people, in the water!
3. Water - it's everywhere. It's a city of islands - just that word rolls off my tongue!
4. Memories - my sister has lived on and off in the south for almost 15 years. Charleston was awesome, but there's something a little more homey in Savannah.
5. City Squares - they are really neat. If you don't know what I'm talking about, do a little research. It's the way to build community in a city - I'm sure of it!
6. Riverwalk - I've only been there a couple times, but it's just so quaint!
7. Byrd Cookie Company - We like to make a stop there when we visit - such cute little cookies and other delectable treats!
8. The Beach - my favorite beaches are Hilton Head and Tybee - ah, I can feel them now!
9. Palms and Spanish Moss - such atmosphere!
10. Family!!! - I can't wait to see my little niece and nephew! Oh, and my sister and mom and brother-in-law!

You know, I can still think of about 10 more things I love about Savannah. If you've never been, I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

kimsilver said...

sounds wonderful....can I come? :0)