Wednesday, October 17, 2007

List of things hanging on by a thread....

Sometimes, we can just get overwhelmed by our stuff, right? I have this huge list of things that are about to go. When I think about that list (starting with our car news) I get a bit overwhelmed. The list looks something like this:

1. My car (pretty much bit the dust today)
2. T's car (one strand of the thread)
3. Our refrigerator - it's as old as the house, the shelves in the freezer don't say on their tracks and the drawers in the cool side are cracked and don't pull in or out without a lot of elbow grease
4. Washer and Dryer - 13 years old and when I run them, I smell it (yuck)
5. Water Heater - every morning, when I'm waiting for that hot water, I wonder to myself, "Is the basement flooded?"
6. Wall oven - as old as the refrigerator, the door doesn't shut all the way, which is probably why it doesn't cook anything correctly...
7. Our driveway is sinking, and that's the least of my worries!
8. Yay - I can't think of anything else.... yet! Oh, right, our windows.... that we can actually see right to the outdoors through their cracks...

Now, let's compare that to everything we've done since we moved into this house:

1. Replaced the polybutelane piping
2. Put on some new back steps
3. New siding, paid for my our insurance - Yahoo!
4. New car - yup, got that van after we moved in. That didn't last very long!
5. New gas furnace and AC
6. New cooktop with downdraft...
7. New roof
8. New sewer line
9. New bathroom for the girlies
10. Fixed that landscaping out front

I wonder if this balances out?? Anyway, I am thankful we have a house, T has a job, we can still smile when all around us things aren't so wonderful. We have a lot to be thankful for, and right now I have to go get two of those things off the schoolbus!=)

No comments: