Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Facebook

Have I mentioned before how much I enjoy Facebook? If not, I'll tell you now! I think Facebook started as a college networking site. I came home from CT one weekend and T told me I had a Facebook.... that's the way it works when your husband, the geek, works with students! Many high school kids were joining, and now, much to every student's dismay, more "mature" folks are joining.

When I first joined FB, it was really a great way to find babysitters, housesitters, communicate about our summer trips with everyone. Slowly, my network has grown to include former first graders (who are now in college - EEK), some college friends and this past month I've met up with some friends I grew up with. I've also connected with other moms, people from church (which helps when you go to a ridiculously large church where even if you go to church at the same time, chances are you won't see your friends) and my little cousins. It's a fun site, clean for the most part and you can really limit what you put out there, who you connect with and who sees what on your page.

My hope is that more people from my high school join so we can organize everyone for an informal 20th gathering next summer. Yup, it's almost 20 years for me. Scary.

No comments: