Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Innocence

Ah, to be in first grade again - NOT! Here was another funny conversation at the dinnertable.

Kt has come home from school sick Friday and yesterday. It's some really mild bug, and yesterday, when the nurse called at 2:30 it was optional for me to pick up Kt. In fact, once home she took a 15 minute nap and was completely cured!

Daddy: So, you made it through a whole day of school today! Mommy said yesterday you were hardly even sick!

Kt (with a smirk): What? I was sick.

Daddy: When mommy and I were kids, we'd stay home from school to watch the Price is Right!

Kt: Oh, no fair. Mommy made me take like an hour and a half nap when I got home!

Me: No, it was more like 15 minutes!!

Kt: No, (LOL) it was like half an hour!

Daddy: When mommy and I were kids we used to take our temperature with a thermometer and we'd stick it in a light to make it go up higher.... (looking at me shaking my head and rolling my eyes) well, I never really did that....

What was your temperature yesterday?

Kt: It was normal.

Me: Yup, I think someone just decided it was fun to come home early from school.

Em (finally chiming in on this crazy conversation, shaking her head, shrugging her shoulders, merging the eyebrows and rolling the eyes): I don't know why ANYONE would want to go home from school early!?! Once I'm at school, I never want to leave!


At least we know she likes school!;-)

No comments: