Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Disturbing

I am a total skeptic when it comes to Barack Obama. I'll admit it! I cannot see him being an "agent of change", so to speak. I agree, America is ready for a change, for bipartisan cooperation that will hopefully lead to a better America. I just don't think that is what Obama is setting out to do. Call it a gut feeling, but I don't trust the message.

A friend of mine posted this link on his Facebook. It's interesting, and I'll admit that I know little about the source. Here's a quote, though, that I find bothersome:

Obama's record of reaching across party lines is, as his own answer to Rick Warren's recent Saddleback Civil Forum showed, pretty thin. His paper trail is surprisingly thin, too. He has left no papers from his Illinois senate days; he hasn't listed his law firm clients or provided more than one page of medical records; the papers of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, which he chaired and in which the unrepentant terrorist Bill Ayers was heavily involved, were suddenly closed to National Review's Stanley Kurtz by the Richard J. Daley Library at the University of Illinois.

Mainstream media, with the conspicuous exception of ABC News's George Stephanopoulos, have shown little curiosity about Obama's connection with Ayers. It will also be interesting to see if there is much coverage of Obama's 2003 vote in Illinois against protecting infants born alive in attempted abortions, now that his campaign has conceded the bill was virtually identical to one that passed the U.S. Senate 98-0 in 2001. (Michael Barone, AEI)


So, why is he not releasing any of these papers? That's the kind of thing that makes me wonder if this guy is being truthful or not. Is he trying to hide something? What is he hoping people won't find out before November 4?? The shroud of mystery he tries to create is an issue for me. I wish I could reconcile his message of "hope and change" with the person he seems to be, but I'm just not able to do that. I want more for a president than someone who can make a good speech. I want someone who demonstrates what they are speaking about in deed. Maybe it's the inexperience? I'm not sure. Something just doesn't add up for me here.

OK - enough on politics. I need to go do some laundry!! ;-)

8/26 - This just popped up on Foxnews. Funny.



No comments: