Sunday, August 24, 2008

Closing Ceremonies

I'm sure I'll miss them, but the pictures I've seen already look amazing! I am going to admit that I have watched almost none of the Olympics since Michael Phelps won his 8th gold medal. I'm such an Olympic slacker!! It truly bothered me that it's likely the Chinese women's gymnastics team used underaged gymnasts and won't fess up. Even T's parents (who are Chinese) think they are underaged. What a total shame! I won't get into some of the cultural conclusions one might come to over this only than to say that for a country with so much national honor, I'm shocked.

Tomorrow is the girls' first day of school. They have both been miserably sick for over a week. I'm debating taking them to the doctor for fear they may have sinus infections or something!! I'm hoping they make it through the whole day tomorrow and am not looking forward to our first week being a full 5 days. It's kind of sad - end of the Olympics = end of summer. =( Of course, lots more free time for me I hope!

No comments: