Thursday, May 10, 2007

Winding Down

So the week is near end and today was much quieter than the beginning of the week, which generally is not the way my weeks have been happening. This morning, I spent from 9-10:30 making 32 deviled eggs and about 30 fruit kabobs. I then delivered them to some hungry teachers, tutored for a few minutes and left to have lunch with T. I picked up some plants on my way out for the secretaries tomorrow. Oh, and one for the principal - always a good idea not to forget her! Then on to tutoring and back home.

I have a couple things left to do, namely figure out what I'm doing with my mother's day out class tomorrow - a mother's day gift will be nice, but my budget is a bit off due to Teacher Appreciation Week. I really wish they would move TA Week to March when there is absolutely nothing happening anywhere!!! Instead they put it in May, with Mother's Day, graduations, Memorial Day weekend, end of the year stuff, not to mention all the teachers are scrambling to fit in their field trips. Kt, who had one field trip all year, has four more in May!! YIKES! Why don't we just throw all these kids on a bus and do a cross country tour!

Tomorrow I have MDO and Steven Kellogg is coming - yay! I'm kind of glad Em's teacher decided to skip town - we'll do her shower on Monday and that will start off my next crazy week. If you really must know, Monday - shower and out for dessert for our poor couple we are doing premarital counseling for (I'm way too young to do that, just for the record!), Tuesday - my brother, his wife and his friend are coming for dinner, Wednesday - in DC all day?, Thursday - parent volunteer breakfast, tutoring the rest of the day and Friday is my second to last day of Mother's Day Out. Saturday, after I'm done planting all my flowers that I will buy when I have a spare moment, I have a Hungary team sleepover at somebody else's house - YEAH! Sunday, the team comes here.... again!

Oh, right... Tony is taking me away tomorrow night. I'm happy to be getting away, but this means I need to finish up laundry tonight AND clean the house for dogsitters. Oh, will it ever end???

No comments: