Thursday, May 24, 2007

Take Four

I have been so delinquent in posting. Over the past week, I've been feeling ill - stiff neck, sore throat, headache.... just allergies or some virus I've been guessing. T went yesterday to the dr. and I thought he was crazy, until the dr. called today to inform him that his strep test came back positive!! So, tonight, instead of attending Kt's very last Girl Scout Awards Ceremony, we took the girls to the doc and I went to the walk-in medical clinic.

So far, we are all safe. I probably have a virus, Em is clear, but Kt, while her rapid test came back negative she has other symptoms... may need to watch her! I did win the BP category, coming in at 177/113 - still not my record;-), but pretty close! It eventually came down slightly, but it's par for the course with a new doc, low grade temp and feeling totally lousy.

Tomorrow I have a full day ahead. T is staying home with Kt, Em and I have a field trip to attend with her school, then I run down to teach my last MDO class. Once home, I have to run up to church, deliver desserts for tomorrow night, get Sunday stuff ready then come home and pack. We're leaving at 4am Saturday to drive up to CT. We briefly thought about heading out tomorrow afternoon since we're all home, but why infect our relatives? And we still have a graduation party tomorrow night!

So this doc at the walk-in clinic told me just to take something for the pain, swollen glands, stiff neck. I told her I had been taking three Advil, then went down to two. She asked me why and I said I was feeling better. She told me to take four! I guess that's like one for each of us - hehe. I don't think my stomach will be liking this, but my head might!

Have a great Memorial Day weekend, everyone!

No comments: