Friday, May 04, 2007

Steven Kellogg is Coming!

I mentioned last week we were having a special author come to our school, and now I'm telling you - it's Steven Kellogg! You may think I'm overreacting, but he's seriously my favorite children's picture book author. He is an incredible illustrator and his stories that he writes are excellent. I already have several books signed by him and I'm taking the rest of them in next week, although I'm doubting he'll have time to sign them.

I'm much more excited that my girls will get to meet him. He's actually from Connecticut, so he's been to my mom's school a few times (that's where I've had my books signed). He agreed to make a special trip down to Maryland - he doesn't travel far much anymore - because our librarian, Mr. B, called and begged him to come as he's retiring this year. I've been looking forward to this visit all year!

Just so you know... he'll be at the girl's school (if you live near us or know us, let me know if you need this info) next Friday, May 11, all day! I believe he's sticking around until 5 pm. During the day, he'll be presenting 3 sessions. There will be a table where you can purchase his books, which he typically signs with a small illustration, although I'm not sure he'll be able to do that for all of them.

I'm so excited!

No comments: