Sunday, May 06, 2007

One Down

And the rest of the week to go! This is the week where I swear I will never overcommit myself ever, ever again!! Next week is the week I forget that I said that - bad me!

Just to give you a brief idea about how overwhelmed I am - someone this morning caught me in church to ask me if I would commit to teaching for one month this summer in the Kidzone and I almost burst into tears. Don't say I didn't warn you!!

Today we hosted our Hungary team and a missionary family that will be at the conference we are serving at this summer. It was amazing!! A great connection, a wonderful meeting and we got to ask a bunch of questions that have already started accumulating in our minds about this summer. I think God has really pulled a lot of things together for me so far - I'm just waiting for the first clincher... I know it's right around the corner, correct??

So, the meeting didn't come off without a lot of prep - yup, food for 15. Lasagna, garlic bread, salad and Tiramisu that T had to purchase from The Cheesecake Factory - it was awesome, especially because I did not have to make it!! The Lasagne and salad, yes, some labor was involved, not to mention cleaning the house. My feet hurt.

For this week, hold your head before it starts spinning: Teacher Appreciation Week, which involves making a cover for Katie's teacher's book, sending in daily gifts for teachers, aides, secretaries, etc, and a shower that my co-roommom and I are doing Friday for Em's teacher involving work I will not mention.... on top of that and all the volunteering it involves, we are having Bible Study here tomorrow night - cleaning and dessert, women's Bible study celebration Tuesday - make a cake, our second to last Daisy meeting on Wednesday that I'm in charge of, figuring out what cute Mother's Day craft I can have my Mother's Day Out kids do for Friday, get all the shower stuff together, and try to see Steven Kellogg on Friday after I work. I'm also still hoping to go to water aerobics, tutor and volunteer at school. Can I do it all? I honestly don't know, but the next person who asks me to do one more thing, don't be surprised if I implode right in front of you!

I think tonight might be a good night to read some Psalms, remember some hymns, go to bed!

No comments: