Thursday, May 17, 2007

Proud Mama

Today I got to be a proud mama! I mean, everyday I'm a proud mama, but today was special because I am really celebrating an amazing year for my girls. I attended a Parent Volunteer breakfast at our school where Em's class sang a song. Each of the kindergarten classes sang and her class was by far the best! They sang a song called Tony Chestnut - adorable! - and their amazingly talented teacher sat down and never once had to help them. I'm totally proud of them, of their teacher and of Em.

I went from there to the third grade pod to drop of Kt's folder. She received her second ACE award, which is an achievement citizenship and excellence award given upon recommendation of a teacher. Em and Kt received their's together earlier in the year. Then Em got a second one about a month ago and Kt was not happy! She said that her teacher said once everyone gets one, she does not do them anymore (which I would tend to support!), but low and behold - Kt got another! She was thrilled.

While I'm really excited about summer, I am so sad to see the end of such a wonderful year. I think I usually get to the point where I'm ready for it all to be over, but this year I just don't feel that way. I want a continuation, because both girls are so happy, both teachers are so super... I guess I'm just afraid we'll never have another year like this one!

Oh, and my brother, his friend and wife blew in and out of town. He and his friend spent the day in DC yesterday. His wife and I did a little shopping, then picked up the girls early from school for lunch and fun. It was really nice. They left this morning to spend a couple days at Virginia Tech - I can't wait to hear about that - and then a wedding this Saturday in Manassas and one more night here. It's rare that they visit, so we really enjoyed it! I wish my family lived closer - because a day with them is about the best medicine I could wish for!

No comments: