Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Day Two!

After yesterday's crazy start to a crazy week, today just seemed really, uh, hmm, well, non-phasical. I know that's not a known word to most of you, so I'll expound. The fact that my oldest daughter, despite more than ten strong, loud, intense warnings to get her heiny out the door this morning, chose to make her bus journey to school a nonpriority this morning didn't even phase me. That's because I'm in the non-phasical mode of expecting things to go against any and all pre-planned, preconceived idea of what my day will look like!

I had to, of course, remedy this grave error of hers by driving her to school. Let me warn you, a ride to school with a mom who has somewhere to be and driving you to school puts that off kilter, well it's just not a happy journey! We are going to have to work on this before we join the "team" this summer. But I already told her that!!

After scrambling to gather what I needed (and thought I'd have extra time to pull together) we jumped in the car, went the opposite direction from where I should have been going to get her to school, then reversed my trip to head to church where I arrived about 5 minutes late - not too bad! Except for the fact that my Connections leader saw me heading out of my neighborhood in the opposite direction - just bad for one's reputation. It was our last meeting, so my Tuesday mornings will now be free - YAY! It was fun, but very long today. I finally got out of there around 12:20 and went straight to Kt's room mom's house so I could make the cover for a book the kids worked on for Teacher Appreciation Week.

We sat for a bit, went through all the pages and I must say, I was making extra effort to try to enjoy that part. I finally allowed myself to relax and enjoy time with someone despite the fact that I still had to run home to make the cover, run to school to bind the book, get the book back to her and then do all our grocery shopping for the week. I ended up doing all that in record time - even an hour to spare! Now I'm relaxing because round two is about to begin tonight.

Kt has an "enrichment fair" tonight, I have to get stuff together for the Girl Scout Daisy meeting tomorrow and then make brownies for the teachers. I love Tuesday night - because we usually have no commitments! Usually. Tomorrow, I'm going to water aerobics if I have to make Kt walk to school - hahahaha... then I'll end up in jail for sure. Instead of waiting for her to get ready tomorrow, I'll be waking her up at 7:30! Like I said, not a fun trip to school this morning.

Tomorrow: water, free time!, tutoring, free time!, Daisies, free time!! In that free time: getting ready for Daisies, finishing up gifts for teachers, getting a start on those fruit kabobs and deviled eggs I need to make for Thursdays teacher luncheon. I have to say this - while this week is totally hectic and crazy and my kids are only contributing to those two factors, I am enjoying the opportunity to express our thanks to two of our very favorite teachers. I think they are awesome and we've honestly had just about one of our favorite years ever. It makes running around like headless poultry an honor!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm. I had the same problem with my three children. They never could get up for school either. When I would go upstairs to wake them up ( for the third time) they would yell at me that I should have woken them up sooner. It is payback time and I'm lovin' it!